Introduction to Evergreen Trees and Shrubs - Growing Evergreen Shrubs and Trees in Your Garden
The moment you say the words “shrub” to a gardener his immediate reaction is going to be a visualization of Evergreen plants, which you do not shed their leaves in the autumn and in the winter.
For all those people who intend to retire to the country, and are dreaming of their quiet little place with a white picket fence, the dream is definitely going to consist of a little garden in the backyard. It is going to have plenty of privacy, with a lavish use of Evergreen plants.
Most of us associate the word “Evergreen” with conifers. However, there are still a number of trees and shrubs which, though not conifers can add style and distinction to your garden.
Table of Contents
- Planning Your Garden – Evergreens for Screens
- Evergreens – Planting Tips
- Recognizing the “Right” Evergreen
- Why Would Not I Choose a Conifer
- Tips for Planting Evergreens
- Choice of Evergreens
- Arbutus – The Strawberry Tree –Arbutus menziesii
- Heath Plants – Erica
- Gorse– Ulex
- Bottlebrush – Callistemon
- Daphne – the Spurge Laurel Family
- Box [Buxus]
- Lavender – Lavandula
- Holly – [Ilex]
- “Gold” and “Silver” Hollies –
- Author Bio
This is for the Digital Book Download only. For the Printed Copy, click HERE